Friday 15 April 2016

Fuel Gauge Issue - Resolved.

Some of you keen folks might have noticed that in my first start up video, I noticed that my fuel gauge seemed to be not working.

Here's the video, with the fuel gauge at the end of the video.

First Start Up Video

I had thought that this was due to either a sender fault, or perhaps the gauge.

I tested the earths and supply at the tank, and all seemed good.

As an extra sanity check, and as the gauges seemed the same, I swapped the fuel gauge over with the oil pressure gauge, and sure enough the oil pressure gauge connected in the fuel position read to 1/4, which was about how much fuel I had put in the tank.

As a double check I also tried the fuel gauge in the oil pressure position, and sure enough it did not register.

So I thought I had found the fault, and asked Derek at CC to send me a new gauge, which took almost three weeks to arrive.

The new gauge arrive yesterday, so I quickly got it connected to be disappointed that it too did not register.

After a call to Derek, he went away to speak to the production team, and came back that my gauges were most likely working, but that I needed to fill the tank first, as its this first fill which calibrates the gauge.

So after filling the tank with another twenty litres of petrol, the gauge did indeed Spring to life, and registered almost full.

So thankfully this was actually a non issue, and I need not have worried about it, it would have been nice to know in advance though that it needed a full tank of gas to work in the first place.

Here's the happy smiley gauge all working now:-


No comments:

Post a Comment